Jump to content
There are several ways to get access to the real-time information while on the go:
Download the iPhone and
Android App with this QR code
The TransLoc Rider lets you see the real-time location of all vehicles, as well as access
announcements that might impact your ride. Download the free app for your device:
Use with non-cellular devices requires a WiFi connection.
Mobile Web provides real-time location and next stop information as well as a small
map for all active vehicles and routes. You can even access announcements that might impact your ride.
Your operator's charges for using the Internet on your phone may apply depending on your data plan.
How do you access the mobile site?
- A web-enabled mobile device. Examples include:
- Many tablets, iPods, and similar internet-enabled devices
- Most recent feature phones
- Access to the internet through your phone. Examples include:
- A web/data plan
- A Wi-Fi or hotspot connection
- Go to http://oakland.transloc.com/m/ on your mobile device's browser.
My phone doesn't include a data plan. Isn't checking the internet on my phone expensive?
Actually, it's not. We designed the Mobile Web site so that it would be inexpensive to access, even if you
don't have a data plan. The site relies mainly on text to display bus location and destination and doesn't have
any complex graphics to load, meaning you won't use many kilobytes to access the real-time location of your bus.
Check with your operator to determine the rates that apply to your phone and plan.
What if I don't have a smartphone?
Most mobile phones on the market now have internet-capability even if you don't have a smartphone. You can check
for the internet on your phone by looking for a web browser with one of the following labels (depending on your phone and
carrier): net, web, browser, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, MediaNET (on AT&T Wireless), Power Vision (on Sprint), or
Get It Now > News & Info (on Verizon Wireless).
SMS Text Messaging
Access real-time arrival times in three easy steps:
- Find your stop code (where is it?)
- Text OUBB [stop code] to 41411
Be sure to text the word OUBB, a space, and then the actual stop code number
Without a stop code you will be presented a list of routes to choose from
- Receive real-time arrival times
Message and data rates may apply. To Opt-out text STOP to 41411. For more information text HELP to 41411. Users without a text messaging plan may consider using the
Mobile Web site as a more cost effective option on many carriers.
How do you find your stop code?
To find your stop's code, go to the main map and click on your desired stop.
Below the stop's name you will see the "stop code" listed.
The stop code can also be found when looking at individual routes.
The SMS system supports powerful search capabilities to allow you to narrow down your results. You can also mark stops as favorites.
- Text OUBB r [route number or name] to 41411, to search for a route
Be sure to text the word OUBB, a space, the letter r, a space, and then the route number or name
- Text OUBB s [stop code or name] to 41411, to search for a stop
Be sure to text the word OUBB, a space, the letter s, a space and then the stop code or name
- You can combine these two searches to further narrow your results
Example: OUBB r Rex Hospital s Moore Square
- Text OUBB h to 41411 to reach the home screen with details on searching and favorites